Property Distribution

Experienced Representation in Marital Property Distribution

When you are involved in a divorce proceeding, finding a way to equitably divide the debts and assets acquired during your marriage can be challenging. Many assets, such as a house or a car, can be difficult or impossible to split. Retirement accounts may contain contributions from only one spouse, but may be the primary asset in the marital estate. Because of these complex issues, you want an experienced attorney to protect your interests.

At Trinity Law, our attorneys bring over 30 years of experience to men and women involved in disputes over marital property. We represent clients throughout central and eastern Pennsylvania, including Harrisburg, Lancaster, Lebanon, York, Carlisle, Gettysburg, and Mechanicsburg. 

We take a holistic approach to your property distribution case, looking at all aspects of the issue to help you best meet your needs.

Contact our office online or call us at 717-843-8046 (toll-free at 866-464-5297) to set up an appointment.

Our Marital Property Division Practice

We will work closely with you to equitably divide the debts and assets of your marriage, including:

  • Real and personal property-marital home, vacation property, timeshare, car, jewelry, electronics, boats, and recreational vehicles
  • Bank accounts and investments-savings accounts, checking accounts, money market accounts, investment portfolios, stocks, bonds, mutual funds, and savings bonds
  • Retirement funds– Individual Retirement Account (IRA), 401(k) accounts, 403(b) accounts, pensions, deferred compensation plans, and employee stock ownership plans (ESOPs)
  • Business interests-assets, income streams, and ownership interests

It is important to understand that marital property is divided based on equitable distribution, not necessarily equal distribution. We will carefully explain what Pennsylvania law considers to be equitable, so that you know what to expect. We will act as your advocate in all proceedings or hearings to resolve marital property issues, including mediation, settlement negotiations, or trial, if necessary. We will represent you and counsel you wisely whether you have been married for 1 year or for 40 years.

If you have a property distribution case, contact our office online or call us at 717-843-8046 (toll-free at 866-464-5297) to set up an appointment.