Domestication Of Judgments In Pennsylvania

If you are a creditor who has received a judgment from a court outside of Pennsylvania, but your debtor is located here, you must go through the process of domesticating the judgment in this state. Essentially, domestication makes your out-of-state judgment enforceable in Pennsylvania so you can collect the money you are owed.The York, Pennsylvania, lawyers at Trinity Law, are experienced debt collection attorneys who can help you domesticate your judgment. We have more than 30 years of experience helping creditors from other states enforce their judgments and collect on debts. Whether your debtor is a business or an individual, we are ready to help you proceed.

Domesticating State Court Judgments in Pennsylvania

Enforcing judgments from other states is made possible by the Full Faith and Credit Clause of the Constitution, as well as a law called the Uniform Enforcement of Foreign Judgments Act. The UEFJA streamlines what can otherwise be a lengthy process.

It is important to work with an attorney who is highly experienced in debt collection if you wish to domesticate a judgment in Pennsylvania. Various courts and counties have different rules and procedures to follow, as well as different fees that must be paid. Our York County lawyers are familiar with the requirements for domestication in York, Lancaster, Cumberland, Dauphin and other counties across the state.

Federal Court Judgments

A judgment from any federal district court can be registered in any other district in the country and then enforced. Our lawyers can assist quickly registering your federal judgment with a Pennsylvania federal court. After registration, we can work with the U.S. Marshal Service and applicable state laws to have the judgment enforced.

Once your judgment is domesticated, our attorneys can assist you with collection efforts via garnishment, attachment and other post-judgment remedies.

Contact Our Attorneys for Answers on Out-of-State Judgments

For more information about how Trinity Law, can help you domesticate your judgment in Pennsylvania, please call 717-843-8046 or contact our law firm online.

Se habla español