Matthew D. Menges Esq.
Matthew D. Menges practices in the areas of estate administration, estate planning (including Special Needs Trusts), real estate, criminal defense and collection law. He works as a partner with Trinity Law and focuses on personally helping clients with their needs in estate and trust planning, wills and trusts, probate matters including litigation, estate and gift tax law, and all related areas.
Attorney Menges is a member of the York and Lancaster County Bar Associations and the Pennsylvania Bar Association. Attorney Menges graduated from York College of Pennsylvania with a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice and minor in Accounting. Before graduating from The Dickinson School of Law, Attorney Menges worked as a police officer in Ocean City, Maryland. Attorney Menges began his legal career with Trinity Law working as a law clerk during law school.
Attorney Menges serves as the President for Typical Life Corporation, serves as a Supervisor in Dover Township and actively participates as a member of Providence Presbyterian Church in York. He is married and has two children.
Areas of Practice
- Estate Administration
- Estate Planning/Trusts
- Estate Litigation
- Special Needs Trusts
- Elder Law
- Real Estate
- Criminal Defense
- Collection Law
- Second Amendment & Gun Rights
- Mortgage Foreclosure
- Pennsylvania, 2008
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania, 2008
- Dickinson School of Law of the Pennsylvania State University, Carlisle, Pennsylvania
- York College of PA, York, Pennsylvania
- B.S. cum laude
- Major: Criminal Justice
- Minor: Accounting
- In Re Estate of Norma F. George, 125 York Legal Record 28 (Pa Comm. Pl. 2011)
- FIA Card Services v. Pimentel, 123 York Legal Record 41 (York County Court of Common Pleas 2010)
- Neiman v. American Intern. Group, Inc., Slip Copy, 2009 WL 3764027 (M.D.P) (PA Middle District Federal Court 2009)
- Serena F. Smallwood v. Ernest Kilby, 123 York Legal Record 4 (York County Court of Common Pleas 2009)
Pro Bono Activities
- Board of Directors of Typical Life Corporation, 2007 – Present
- Mid-Penn Legal Services, York, PA
- Pro Bono Award Recipient (Firm), York County Bar Association – 2011
- Firearms Safety & Rights Seminars
The following includes personal information which you may find interesting and which will help you to get to know each of our lawyers better.
Superman, Star Wars, Lone Survivor
Who do you admire?
Who is among your favorite music artists?
Casting Crowns, Tim McGraw, Mercy Me
What are a few of your favorite albums?
Mercy Me—Welcome to the New, Tim McGraw—Live Like You Were Dying
Why did you become an attorney?
Because God’s call was clear that what He wanted
What do you like to do in your spare time?
Shoot, golf, home improvements, spend time w family
What are some of your favorite foods?
Lasagna, ice cream
What do you like about being an attorney?
Getting to make my mark on the world however small it may be
If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Atlas Shrugged, Agenda 21
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, Snickers
Diet Dr. Pepper
If you could order anything for your last meal on earth, what would it be?
Ribs, a sweet potato and broccoli
“Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid.”—Ronald Reagan
Heaven—haven’t been there yet but looking forward to it!