Grandparent Custody

Support for Grandparents Seeking Custody in PA

If your son or daughter is unable to care for their children, as a grandparent you want to step in and take the burden of raising your grandchildren. Fortunately, recent updates to the Pennsylvania custody laws made it easier for grandparents to pursue legal custody rights of their grandchildren. As a grandparent, you now have standing to bring a custody action here in Pennsylvania.

If you are considering taking this step to raise your grandchildren, contact the family law attorneys at Trinity Law. We specialize in helping grandparents gain custody and creating a safe, secure place to raise their grandchildren.

Contact Us »

“Attorney Mark Montanye and his Paralegal Rachael Zeamer were extremely kind, compassionate, and responsive. They helped us navigate our grandparent custody petition quickly. I would definitely recommend their services.” – Keri Martinez (Google review)


Full vs. Partial Custody in PA

Thanks to recent changes to the law in Pennsylvania, grandparents can file for full or partial custody of their grandchildren. Read our article to learn more about the difference between the two.

Full vs. Partial Custody »


Trinity Law Attorneys collaborating.

Experienced Family Law Attorneys

For over 30 years, the team of trial attorneys at Trinity Law have practiced family law, including child custody and support. Now that grandparents have standing to claim custody, we are glad to offer our experience and expertise to them as they provide for the care and welfare of their grandchildren.

With offices in Lancaster, York, Gettysburg, and Mechanicsburg, our team provides legal advice and support to families throughout south central Pennsylvania.

Meet Our Team »


Contact a Local Custody Attorney

If you have a question regarding a grandparents’ custody rights issue, contact one of the custody lawyers at Trinity Law today. Our family law lawyers routinely handle Pennsylvania family law and grandparent custody matters in York, Lancaster and surrounding counties.

Contact Us »