Shawn P. McLaughlin Esq.
Shawn P. McLaughlin is a graduate of Oral Roberts University in Tulsa, Oklahoma, and a graduate of Regent University School of Law in Virginia Beach, Virginia. In law school, Attorney McLaughlin served on the board of Regent University Law Review.Attorney Shawn McLaughlin of Trinity Law concentrates his practice in personal injury, Social Security Disability, employment law and civil litigation, and handles such cases in Adams, Dauphin, Lancaster, and York County, Pennsylvania. Attorney McLaughlin has personally handled hundreds of each of these types of cases in the 25+ years he’s worked at Trinity Law, and enjoys doing so. Attorney McLaughlin is a member of the United States Supreme Court, the Third Circuit Court of Appeals, the Eastern and Middle District Federal Courts, the Pennsylvania Supreme Court, and is a member of the Lancaster and York County Bar Associations, the Pennsylvania Association for Justice and the American Association for Justice. Attorney McLaughlin has handled civil cases at all levels of the Pennsylvania State and Federal Courts. Attorney McLaughlin is a member of the National Organization of Social Security Claimants’ Representatives, Christian Legal Society and the Employment Law Section of the Pennsylvania Bar Association. For his service to the community, the York County Bar Association recognized Attorney McLaughlin by awarding him the Pro Bono Award. Attorney Shawn McLaughlin serves on the Boards of Directors for Water Street Health Services, Lancaster, PA, and Covenant Christian Academy in Harrisburg, PA. Attorney McLaughlin and his family are members of the Trinity Presbyterian Church in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.
Year Joined Firm
Areas of Practice
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Pennsylvania, 1991
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 1994
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania, 1992
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 1995
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1996
- Regent University School of Law, Virginia Beach, Virginia
- J.D. – 1991
- Honors: Secretary, Student Bar Association, Regent Parallel Committee
- Law Review: Regent University Law Review
- Oral Roberts University, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- B.A. – 1987
- Honors: President’s List
- Honors: Dean’s List
- Honors: Phi Alpha Theta
- Major: History
- Major: Political Science
- The Rules of Transient Jurisdiction: Should We Burnham? (Comment) 1 Regent L. Rev. 157, 1991
- Kelly v. Unemployment Comp. Bd. of Review, LEXIS 824 ( Pa. Comwlth. 2017)
- Hoover and Hoover’s Tire and Alignment v. Hoover, Absolute Towing, et al., 91 Lancaster Law Review 30 (Pa.Com.Pl. 2017)
- Hoover v. Colvin, 2015 WL 5786140, Soc.Sec.Rep.Serv. 279 (M.D. Pa. 2015)
- Jacobs v. York Union Rescue Mission, Inc., 2013 WL 433327 (M.D. Pa. 2013)
- Chandler v. Commissioner of Social Security, LEXIS 24279 (3d Cir. 2011) (U.S. App 2011)
- Rivero et al. v. Timblin et al, 85 Lancaster Law Review 5 (Pa.Com.Pl. 2011)
- Chase Bank USA, N.A. v. Rader, 85 Lancaster Law Review 42 (Pa. Com. Pl. 2011)
- Chase Bank USA, N.A. v. Rader, 8 Pa. D. & C. 5th 297 (Lanc. Pa.Com.Pl. 2009)
- New Life Assembly of God Church of Lancaster, PA v. Phillips Capital, et al., 83 Lancaster Law Review 48 (Pa.Com.Pl. 2009)
- Serena F. Smallwood v. Ernest Kilby, 123 York Legal Record 4 (2009)
- Neiman v. American Intern. Group, Inc, Slip Copy, 2009 WL 3764027 (M.D. Pa. 2009)
- Crimmins v. Penn DOT, 61 Pa. D. & C.4th 363 (Pa.Com.Pl. 2003)
- Friedrich v. Educators Mutual Life Insurance Company, 117 York Leg. Rec. 14 (Pa.Com.Pl. 2003)
- T.S. v. Penn Manor, School Dist., 798 A.2d 837, 165 Ed. Law Rep. 701 (Pa.Cmwlth.Ct. 2002)
- Brenner ex rel. Johnson v. West Shore School Dist., 780 A.2d 726 (Pa.Cmwlth.Ct. 2001)
- T.C. York Company t/a Town & Country York v. William A. Gorman, III, 115 York Leg. Rec. 9 (Pa.Com.Pl. 2001)
- Linda P. Garrison v. Eric R. Garrison, 113 York. Leg. Rec. 30 (Pa.Com.Pl. 1999)
- Quinlan v. Hogan, 110 York Leg.Rec. 39 (1997)
- Frankenfield v. Feeser, 672 A.2d 1347 (Pa.Super. 1996)
- Gourmet Table Skirts v. Falzone, 110 York Leg Rec. 35 (1996)
- Browning-Ferris, Inc v. Manchester Borough, 936 F.Supp. 241 (M.D. Pa. 1996)
- Boettelmann v. Ruder et al., 108 York Leg. Rec. 8 (1994)
- Bell Socialization Services, Inc.
- Bitterman Scales
- Black Horse Animal Hospital
- CB Tool Co.
- Lancaster Pump
- Kroy Industrial Park
- Numerous Local Churches and Christian Organizations
- One Way Janitorial, Inc.
- Rebel’s Construction, Inc.
- Red Lion Chiropractic, Inc.
- Salon Downunder
- Salvage One, Inc.
- Typical Life Corporation
- York Rescue Mission
Honors and Awards
- Pro Bono Award Recipient, York County Bar Association, 1996
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Lancaster County Bar Association, Member
- York County Bar Association, Member
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- National Organization of Social Security Claimants’ Representatives, Member
- Christian Legal Society, Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Employment Law Section, Member
- York County Arbitration, Panel Member and Chairman
- Lancaster County Arbitration, Panel Member
Pro Bono Activities
- Mid-Penn Legal Services (York County and Lancaster County)
- Pro Bono Award Recipient (Individual), York County Bar Association – 1996
- Pro Bono Award Recipient (Firm), York County Bar Association – 2011
- English (Primary)
The following includes personal information which you may find interesting and which will help you to get to know each of our lawyers better.
Star Wars; Star Trek; Lord of the Rings/Hobbit; Band of Brothers
Who do you admire?
Who is among your favorite music artists?
What are a few of your favorite albums?
Why did you become an attorney?
I wanted to be a lawyer since I was about 12; I thought it was a cool thing to do as well as being a noble profession
What do you like to do in your spare time?
Running (now more like jogging); cutting/splitting wood; watching movies/sports; hunting; spending time with family
What are some of your favorite foods?
Pizza; steak; lasagna
What do you like about being an attorney?
Helping those who cannot effectively help themselves
If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Ireland; Switzerland; Fiji
Francis Schaeffer: Trilogy; Douglas Wilson: Reforming Marriage
Red licorice; Raisinettes
If you could order anything for your last meal on earth, what would it be?
Steak, potato, apple pie
“Try not. Do or do not. There is no try.” “The problem with socialism is that eventually you run out of other people’s money.”